FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please contact us if you have any further questions which aren’t included below.
WHAT SIZE STORAGE UNIT DO I NEED?
HOW DO I MOVE MY THINGS INTO THE STORAGE UNITS?
Pink Hippo’s facilities are built for easy access, and we provide loading equipment and packing materials.
HOW SECURE ARE MY STORED ITEMS?
Only you have keys to your storage unit. The building is alarmed and monitored with CCTV recording 24 hrs, 7 days a week.
CAN I INSURE MY ITEMS?
Your items must be insured whilst stored, just as they are whilst in your home or business. Insurance for your items is available at reasonable rates. If your contents policy covers your goods and belongings within our premises, then that is acceptable too. (Please bring your policy documents with you when you take your unit).
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP A SELF STORAGE UNIT FOR?
You can rent our units for a minimum of one week, or stay for as long as you want. In addition you can move into a smaller or larger unit whenever you wish.
WHAT ITEMS CAN'T I STORE?
- Hazardous materials – flammable liquids and explosives
- Unauthorised or illegal goods, e.g. drugs
- Firearms and ammunition
- Living things
- Items that could decompose, e.g. exposed food stuffs.
HOW CAN I PAY THE STORAGE COSTS?
Cash, cheque, debit/credit card, bank transfer, standing order.
ARE THERE ANY HIDDEN EXTRAS?
It is in our policy to quote on all costs prior to sign-up. If in doubt please ask us. For reference, please see below for all costs of renting a unit with us:
- Unit Rent – depends on unit size and length of stay, please Click Here for Reading, or Click Here for Leatherhead select the appropriate unit size or fill in our ‘Get a Quote’ request for us to contact you with the best prices available.
- Insurance charges, your items must be insured whilst stored. Whether that is with Pink Hippo’s insurance (charges depend on the goods value being stored and whether it is household items or business items, please ask us and we can quote you), or you can use a third-party insurance provider (we need documentation from you).
- Maximum security cylinder barrel lock – one-off fee of £12.50 incl. VAT (which you can keep if you wish).
We also give you an electronic fob to enter the building outside office hours (we only need the fob back from you when you vacate).
- Refundable deposit (relative to the unit size and time period storing). This is refunded after vacation of the unit via bank transfer.