SECURE TOOL STORAGE
Self Storage For Tools & Equipment
Although leaving your tools or equipment in the van or shed might be easier, renting a self storage unit offers the same amount of convenience with a lot more security. At Pink Hippo, we have dozens of tradesmen that use our modern facilities for short and long-term storage.
Renting a unit for tool and equipment storage offers businesses and households a number of benefits, including:
- Highly secure units with 24 hour CCTV monitoring
- Conveniently located facilities in the centre of Reading and Leatherhead
- The option to upsize or downsize your space with over 18 different unit sizes to choose from
- Easily accessible units with secure FOB access
- A variety of clean, dry and bright storage spaces that can be tailored to your needs
- Flexible storage with no long-term commitments
- 24 hour access available so tradesmen can easily store their tools after a late job
- Free onsite parking for easy unloading
How Secure Are Your Tools In Self Storage
Storing tools in a secure self storage facility offers many benefits over keeping them in a van, including:
Reduced risk of theft: Vans are often targeted by thieves, but self storage facilities have a range of security measures in place to deter theft.
Additional space: a storage unit can provide a more organised and spacious solution for storing tools, as opposed to cramped van tool storage.
Pink Hippo offers a range of security measures to ensure the safety of your tools in self storage, including:
- 24/7 CCTV surveillance
- Pin-code access to storage units
- Individual alarms on every unit
- Perimeter fencing
How Often Can You Access Your Tools
Pink Hippo offers flexible access hours to our self storage facility, allowing tradesmen to access their tools when they need them.
- Standard access hours are between 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday, providing ample time for tradesmen to access their storage unit.
- For those who require greater flexibility, 24/7 access is available upon request.
This level of access provides tradesmen with the convenience and flexibility needed to access their tools when needed, making us a practical and convenient solution for tradesmen.
Tips To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Tool Theft
For tradesmen on the move or handy homeowners, simply leaving your tools in the garage or back of the van is becoming increasingly risky. Recently, there have been many reports of van tool theft in particular as perpetrators can easily crack open the back doors with a crowbar and snatch valuable tools. Without these essential pieces of equipment, tradesmen are unable to work and risk losing their livelihoods.
To ensure you do not become a victim of tool theft, it’s important to be vigilant and take the following precautionary measures:
- Park in a secure location: Whether on a job or stopping at the pub before heading home, it’s crucial to park your van in a secure location if you have tools in the back. This will decrease the chances of someone attempting to break in, saving you money and time.
- Burglar-proof your van: Although parking in a central location will deter thieves, they can still hide at night. Tinting your windows and installing an alarm as an extra measure will scare off any potential threats and alert you immediately if there is a break-in.
- Lock your shed or garage: If you store your tools in a shed or garage, they are equally as vulnerable to theft. Make sure that your storage space is locked and that all tools and equipment are packed away.
- Rent a self storage unit: A self storage unit promises the best protection from potential threats. At Pink Hippo, our units are housed inside a secure facility with 24 hour CCTV surveillance, alarms and a fully manned office during work hours.
Tool Storage At Pink Hippo
Pink Hippo prides itself on being a secure and cost effective tool storage solution. Our purpose-built facilities in Reading and Leatherhead are equipped with advanced security measures to ensure your equipment has round-the-clock-protection. While secure, our facility can also be accessed 24 hours a day, allowing tradesmen to store and collect their tools whenever they need.
- Wide variety of unit sizes, ranging from 10 sq ft to 215 sq ft
- Clean, secure and purpose built self storage facilities in Reading and Leatherhead
- Fully staffed reception areas on hand to help during office hours
- 24/7 access is available
- Alarmed facility with 24 hour CCTV monitoring
- Convenient and quality packaging store
- Discounted rates and prices available
- Flexible contracts with short and long term storage options
- Ample onsite parking and trolleys for easy unloading
- Insurance on your belongings
Tip: See our other business storage options.