CAMPING AND SPORTS EQUIPMENT STORAGE
Nothing quite compares to the joy of camping by the river or playing your favourite seasonal sport. However, the equipment is normally bulky and takes up valuable space when not being used. Pink Hippo storage facilities in Reading and Leatherhead offer the perfect storage solution for camping equipment, providing a safe and secure space for tent storage and sports equipment storage.
TIPS ON STORING YOUR CAMPING EQUIPMENT
Between tents, canoes and mountain bikes, it’s easy for the garage to start filling up and the home to overflow. Self storage serves as an extension of the home, providing a safe and secure space to keep sleeping bags, cooking equipment, and more.
One of the most important details to keep in mind is that your camping belongings are stored in a clean, cool and dry place – and that’s where Pink Hippo comes in.
Before you lock the door of your storage unit, consider these camping equipment storage tips:
- Clean all items and keep your gear in top condition
- Dry all equipment thoroughly to avoid mould
- Make sure that regularly used items are easily accessible
- Store belongings in a cool and dry place
- Make sure that there is no direct sunlight
- Group items together so they can be easily found
If you keep the following tips in mind, your sleeping bags, tents and cooking equipment will maintain good condition and provide many more hours of fun when the warmer months arrive.
STORING OUT OF SEASON SPORTING EQUIPMENT
What is your seasonal sport of choice? Whether you enjoy kayaking on the river, hitting the slopes or mountain biking on the trails, you’ll be familiar with the cost of seasonal sports equipment and the need to keep them secure out of season.
At Pink Hippo, we provide a safe and secure space for your valuable sports equipment. Our clean and secure self storage units are the ideal environment to keep your ski equipment, water sports equipment, and more.
While preparing your sporting gear for storage, it’s important to keep the following tips in mind:
- Wash all sporting equipment and get rid of dirt and grime
- Dry the equipment thoroughly
- Keep similar sports equipment together
- Install shelves to hang certain sports equipment such as skis
- Store in a dry, climate-controlled environment
- Use storage containers and boxes to keep smaller items safe
Making use of off-site storage for seasonal sports equipment ensures that you always have access to your seasonal gear without losing space in the home. At Pink Hippo, we’re happy to oblige.
SAFELY STORE YOUR CAMPING AND SPORTING EQUIPMENT AT PINK HIPPO
If you love the outdoors but have limited space in the home, Pink Hippo offers the ideal self storage solution. Our facilities in Reading and Leatherhead provide a variety of purpose-built units to keep your camping and sports equipment safe when they are not being used.
With a range of unit sizes, measuring from 10 sq. ft to 215 sq. ft, you can choose the perfect amount of space for your needs. Our flexible lease agreements mean that you can upsize or downsize as needed.
So, why choose Pink Hippo?
- Clean and climate-controlled units
- Secure units that are monitored by CCTV
- Affordable extension of the home
- 24-hour access (available on request) for added convenience
- Packaging materials available for purchase