Avoid Outdoor Motorbike Storage
The elements can be hard on your motorbike when it’s left outdoors, even if you have a waterproof cover. Especially in the winter months!
Here are five reasons to consider secure motorbike storage with a self storage facility:
• It can help prevent your bike from rusting
• It can help prevent a dead battery
• It can help by keeping your bike clean
• It can help keep the value of your bike as high as possible
• It can help by lowering your insurance rates
If you’re looking for storage for motorbikes, you’ve come to the right place! We offer safe indoor storage options, check out our secure self storage locations.
Tip: See more self storage options for your different storage needs.
Motorcycle Storage Tips For Long Term Storing
At Pink Hippo, we take great pride in caring for our customers’ belongings. To ensure your bike is in tip-top shape when you return, we advise that you follow a few simple steps before moving it into a motorbike storage unit.
Step 1: Drain fuel and oil
Draining your carburettor is one of the easiest and most important ways to keep your bike in good shape when it’s off the road. This will ensure all moisture and contaminants are removed, preventing clogs later down the line.
Step 2: Give it a good clean
Dirt and dust can damage the paint and metal on your bike if not removed. With a sufficient wash and dry before storage, your bike will be as good as new when you return.
Step 3: Lift up
Sitting your bike on a surface to keep the tyres off a solid floor will ease the load on the body and minimise flat spots in your tyres. An old carpet or even cardboard boxes will do the trick.
Step 4: Remember to rotate
It is also recommended to rotate the wheels every few weeks while the bike is in storage to equalise the wear. This is super easy at Pink Hippo, as you can easily access your unit 24-hours a day at no extra cost.
Step 5: Detach the battery
For extra safety, it’s a good idea to detach the battery. A maintenance charger is simple to use and will keep the battery charged throughout the winter without causing any damage.
Motorbike Self Storage Maintenance
When storing your motorbike with a self storage facility, there are several things to keep in mind that will help you to ensure it remains in excellent condition:
• Use a weatherproof motorbike storage cover
• Keep your bike clean and dry
• Consider using rubber mats under the wheels
• Remove the battery, oil and fuel
• Clean out the fuel tank and ensure no residue is left
If you’re looking for safe and secure motorbike storage, from long-term storage solutions to short-term storage options, Pink Hippo has room for you – and your motorbike!
View our self storage locations now and get an online quote!
Why Pink Hippo's Motorbike Storage Facility
If you’re looking for a self storage motorcycle unit, then you’re sure to find what you’re looking for at Pink Hippo.
Reasons to use Pink Hippo’s motorbike storage solutions:
- Safe and secure: Our self storage units are monitored 24/7 by CCTV.
- Climate-controlled: Your motorbike will be protected from the elements, so you cam rest assured it won’t get damaged by the rain, sun, or snow.
- Variety of unit sizes: We offer a wide range of unit sizes, so you can find the perfect unit for your motorbike or motorbikes.
- Friendly staff: Our friendly team at Pink Hippo are always happy to help you find the perfect storage unit and answer any questions you have.